Every year for the last few years, I've been participating in a thing called NaNoWriMo (the National Novel Writing Month). It's actually an international thing, but the name is cool.
Every year, during the month of November, participants are challenged to write a 50,000 word novel of any genre they wish. Writing the story starts November first and finishes November 30. Only words written during that one month period are counted towards the 50,000 tally. A participant may plan out the story beforehand, but to have the word count accepted, only words written after the first are considered acceptable.
Last two years, I've worked on one story. This year, I plan to finish it.
In 2013, I hit the 50k mark with the encouragement of Gale, a Municipal Liaison (ML). Last year, though I did not hit the mark, I came close. (Work got in the way of reaching the daily word count of 1,667 words.) Last year, I also lacked Gale's presence and encouragement as she was battling cancer. A battle which she sadly lost.
This year, I am determined to finish the story and get it published. In her memory. And, in her honour, I plan to pass that 50k mark.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.